Monday, November 9, 2009

Carrie Prejean Sex Tape | Go Away

Let me make something clear as the title of this post may cause a bit of confusion. Its not that I dislike the girl or disagree with her. No one can deny the fact that Carrie Prejean was harassed and wrongly bullied by the pageant judge, Perez ‘ahole’ Hilton, along with many others on the left. They attacked her because of her personal opinion and that should not be acceptable in our country! I supported her right after the fallout and though attractive conservative women should expect this treatment, it was still baffling to witness the vengeance with which they went after this young girl. That being said…just go away Carrie, please do yourself and us a favor.
Let’s be honest, her answer at the pageant was not the most articulate. In a previous post made on this subject, I wrote that I understood why her answer would come out a little awkward as she very well could have been nervous knowing that her answer would be controversial, specifically while responding to an openly gay judge. Again, I thought the question itself was inappropriate and the judges’ reaction was inexcusable. So she went on to make appearances and then made more appearances…blah blah. It was way too much. I also found her to be speaking off talking points as if this is the message her publicist gave her so she would repeat the same lines over and over without being able to offer real substance. On the other hand, I did think that she made a good role model for those young girls, especially conservative girls who are afraid to go against their friends views and stand up for what they believe in or what they believe to be right. I’m around Carries age and even now it’s hard for me to be completely blunt about my positions or how I feel about Bush or Cheney because I know what lies ahead of me if I dare express my views. For me, it’s not that I’m scared because I can speak up and I can go at it with the best of them if necessary, it’s just that I don’t feel like dealing with the hostility all the time. In that sense, I am glad that Carrie went around speaking up and letting everyone know that it’s okay to speak up and though the left was beating her up, she was still okay.
That being said, when the topless photos came out…it changed things slightly. I’m not trying to be a hypocrite because we all have some kind of stupid stories from our teens and twenties (hopefully not naked pictures); I just think that her role model status becomes a bit tarnished. She came out and apologized, said that she didn’t know the photographer snapped these in between the real photo shoot where she was covered. Do I take her story as truth? I don’t really care…We’re all allowed a few stupid mistakes so long as it doesn’t harm anyone else. So we moved on.
Today we found out that TMZ has uncovered a sex tape of Carrie Prejean from a few years back. Apparently Carrie sent a video of…umm…herself with herself to her ex-boyfriend. I acknowledge that this must be difficult for her; I can’t really say that I have empathy for her situation. Can you feel sorry for someone who sends a sex tape to a boyfriend or do you think they should’ve known better? On the same day she’s releasing a book about the pageant incident and how she is still standing after or something like that…who knows?
Okay, so if you knew that a video like this exists and people were out to get dirt on you, wouldn’t you hold off writing a book? I’m kind of torn on this as I don’t think that her past has anything to do with her treatment and questioning during the pageant or afterwards but on the same note, whether you admit it or not, we all judge each other and this sheds a different light on her or speaks about her values. She came on Hannity tonight taking full responsibility…yadda yadda yadda but once again, I know talking points when I hear them and it definitely seemed like she was given advice on how to handle and approach this topic when interviewed. She is hoping to get in front of the story. It’s obvious that her lawyer or publicist (whoever she has advising her on media relations) told her that Americans like when people apologize as they are forgiving people so long as someone admits to the mistake.
I’m sorry but I don’t find her to be genuine and I can’t pinpoint the exact reason…
So maybe I should change the title of this post because I am on the fence about this…I’m not sure anymore! What do you think? Should she just go away or are you glad that she is speaking up?

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com