Sunday, October 4, 2009

You Lie | Michelle Obama's Fib To The IOC

Perhaps Michelle Obama …umm…still thinking...ahh what the heck, I really can’t come up with a excuse as to why the First lady would blatantly lie to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) about a childhood story during her pitch. Seriously, I tried to come up with a reason why she would tell this particular lie but I just couldn't because I don't understand it... except for it becoming a pattern from, not necessarily her or her husband (all the time), but this administration. I tried but what else can you say? The first lady told a fib.
(video posted below)
During her pitch to the committee, Michelle Obama said;

“Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad’s lap, cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection.”

Really? Wanna try again?
Carl Lewis' first Olympic try was in 1984 which would make First Lady Michelle Obama 20 years old at that time. Unless she was still sitting on her fathers lap at 20 years old watching the games, which is doubtful, I think its safe to assume that the story is false. (insert Joe Wilson outburst here..."You Lie").
It seems like the Obama’s have no problem with lying as long as it is useful at that given moment to serve their purpose. Obama himself has also recalled stories in the past, on the campaign trail specifically, that didn’t quite match up on the timeline. I’m not trying to pick on the Obama’s and its def not for any other reason that a lie is a lie and it has now been pointed out. That’s all.
Also, the props go to Michelle Malkin for originally uncovering this story.

(the fib takes place from 1:10 - 1:20, just in case you wanted to fast forward to it)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats funny, I saw it on the news today and laughed hysterically.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com